Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Manel Brand Quote
Dear sir,

I don't know how familiar you are with the process of updating the BIOS. If you aren't, be careful if you decide to go ahead with it, and follow carefully the guide lines that will be given to you at the download page. If you screw up the BIOS, your motherboard is dead. Furthermore, it's unlikely to be a BIOS related problem. Updating the videocard may not be the solution either. As Wheatfield has pointed out, some cards don't have OpenGL support. You could check your card's model on the manufacturer website to find out if it does. You could also try updating your PsCS5, if you haven't done it already. If photoshop runs fine without OpenGl support, you may be well served without it. For basic photography editing, you don't need it that much. Keep in touch.
Please note, I specifically mentioned the video card bios, not the MB bios. Whether or not this adds the necessary support is another topic.

11-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #17

CS5 is notorious for install problems. Adobe told me to format my hard drive and do a "CLEAN" install on my W7 64bit OS. All is fine. CS5 depends on Windows default settings straight from the first install. Other programs will change your windows settings and this screws up CS5 installation.

Last edited by aeros; 11-27-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: typo
11-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I specifically mentioned the video card bios
You did. Sorry, didn't notice that. I was just worried about someone not being aware of the potential risk in flashing a motherboard (or graphics card) BIOS. Apparently, I was being overly concerned.
11-28-2010, 06:26 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Everything is good folks, and I sincerely appreciate the help and cautions.

I have:
- turned off the OpenGL.
- updated the CS5 to the most current update.
- updated the BIOS of the video card.

CS5 is running now. Not that that ends my problems, now I have to learn to actually use this rather complex software.

Thanks again.

11-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
now I have to learn to actually use this rather complex software.
Don't be haunted by that; look for tutorials on the web; in no-time you will be more at ease with it. Good luck.