Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Epson printer paper help!!

My new R1900 is set to arrive next week and I have a question about paper. I found a great deal on eBay for a 13" roll of premium glossy. On Epson's site, they list only certain papers to work with certain printers, which is odd IMHO. Does anyone know if any Epson paper will work with any printer so long as it fits and you use the right profile.

The seller hasn't gotten back to me on the model number so that I can look it up.

11-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

You may have to play around with the profile a bit, but it should work just fine.
11-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks sir!!
11-21-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I have the R1900 - hope you have success with yours as I do with mine.

I use Epson papers. I have tried other papers (Kodak and noname) but end up with strange results as a consequence except for the Canon glossy Plus which gives me the same results as the Premium Glossy from Epson. I have not tried roll but have done the A3+ for some big prints. I sell alot of prints so I can pass the costs on.

Always keep spare inkcartridges handy though as it is a reare period of time when my printer isn't indicating that one of the cartridges isnt approaching empty.I try to print something every week to keep the jets flowing.

11-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Arjay!! The price of the unit is unreal now. I'm getting it for $299 US. I'm excited about the 8 colors and roll option as making some really large prints would be fun and educational.

The Epson website said that only certain papers works with certain printers, which is odd to me. But from the picture on ebay, I saw the model number and it is listed on the site as good for the 1900. I would think that any Epson printer would work with any Epson paper.
11-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

More to the point, certain inksets only work with certain papers. For example, the K3 inkset with matte black ink only works with matte fine art papers, and in fact, none of the Epson photo paper profiles are available now that I have that ink on my machine, .
For starters, stick to the papers that Epson supports in the printer driver.