Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Prints with whitewall.com - any experience?

Hello everybody,

has somebody experience with WhiteWall? Because the service sounds very promising!

Thank you for your help,
Christoph

12-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #2

Whietwall.com

It looks excellent & I recently signed up with them, but it seems like a world of pain.

Most critically, I cannot get the website to function properly.
Regardless of the OS or browser I use, it is limited to just two products, which means that there's no way to access all the printing options that are displayed and available to a casual user of the website. Emails to support sadly go unanswered. A phone call to support simply got the reply don't use Safari.
Just to make clear, having tried them all, Safari operates on this in exactly the same way as Firefox on the Mac, or Firefox or IE on a PC. So the problem appears to be website, not client, related.

Also, you can choose to submit images for sale in their Artmarket, and they are assessed by a 'Jury' for inclusion. There doesn't appear to be any indication of who is on this jury, but, every one of my images was turned down as having insufficient stars. There isn't any explanation at all of why.
I should say that the images I supplied were, in my view, pretty decent, decent enough to have been included elsewhere, including in the Pentax Premier collection. So what they're looking for I don't know.

I suspect though, that most of the images in the Artmarket are almost exclusively from artists represented in Lumas Galleries, the ?parent company. But I wish they'd simply say, as it would save others a lot of wasted time & effort.

I'll be deleting all my images, and going elsewhere.
12-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for your post, Fat Boab!

As long as the webside works perfekt on my Mac OS with Safari and I don't want to sell something there - I am still interested about the quality of PRINTS.

And experience?
12-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #4

I haven't managed to get as far as ordering any prints, as the Hahnemuhle paper, which is the reason I registered, is one of the options that is unavailable after you are registered and signed in.

If you're on a Mac you may, like me, also find difficulty in uploading images. After 3 hours trying, I simply gave up trying to upload Tiffs due to Flash errors every 30 seconds. The process also made my machine work overtime with all fans running full speed.
I did have more luck with jpegs.

If you do try them, and find out if the prints are good or not, I'd be happy to hear.
They look promising, but the website is a severe letdown.

12-15-2010, 05:44 AM   #5

OK, a reply has now been received from tech support.

The reason that I couldn't set up print products using the paper I required, is that you can't.
To be able to select and offer certain paper, eg Hahnemuhle with pigmented inks, you must first set the product up as a 'total' product, eg mounted & framed.
Only then is the image presented as being available as a print only on premium paper.
The logic of this escapes me, but at least I now know why.