Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
what program would you use

well i have been woundering this my self for a while now. i have corel photo editor adobe PS cs5 and lightroom 3 and they are all great programs i just dont know some times witch one to use? so what do u think????

11-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What do you use the most in post -processing? Converting from RAW to JPEG? Or do you get more involved in your image editing? IF you already have the full version of LR3, i'd stick with that.
11-24-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i have all of them and i dont get that involved in the editing prosses so in other words i do use LR3 more than the rest. but when i do need to edit further i normally use PS i never used corel i just got it and was going to try it out now is it even worth it though by now??
11-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This really should be in the processing forum, but.....

I use Corel PSP currently at Version X3, but I started when it was Jasc PSP Version 8.

I find it does most things needed and it accepts add ins for Adobe. the only issue I have with it is COrel is sometimes slow to update the program for newer bodies, so shooting DNG may be a better option for raw shooters, and some versions are prone to crash, but VX3 seems pretty stable.

11-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
anouther ? is can i add topaz plugins to LR3??
11-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
how do i move the thread?
11-24-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lguckert79 Quote
anouther ? is can i add topaz plugins to LR3??
There is a plug-in manager within Lightroom that will integrate the functionality of external plugins. The plugins have to be specifically produced for Lightroom.

LR 3.x noise reduction is state of the art and it works with the sharpening functions to produce excellent results. I've found zero need for another tool, but that's subjective.

If you are already using the combo of LR + Photoshop, there is no need to burden oneself with yet another post-processing tool that replicates the functionality of the other two--in this case Corel.

M

11-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

moving to the Digital Processing, Software, and Printing forum.

I think it will get more responses there.
11-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i have reposted this thread in the Digital Processing area so talk to you there
11-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lguckert79 Quote
I have corel photo editor adobe PS cs5 and lightroom 3 and they are all great programs i just dont know some times witch one to use? so what do u think????
I know that's not my business, but how can you afford all that software? There's plenty of money in all that... I would rather grab a copy of Photoshop Elements and spend the rest of the cash on glass or a new camera.
11-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #11
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Manel Brand Quote
I know that's not my business, but how can you afford all that software? There's plenty of money in all that... I would rather grab a copy of Photoshop Elements and spend the rest of the cash on glass or a new camera.
Could be because he is a photographer instead of a snap shooter and wants the best editing for his work.
11-25-2010, 02:27 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I cannot compare programs because all I have ever used is photoshop from CS3 to CS5 extended. I have used others also but for very short periods and have only owned Photoshop. But I can say that CS5 is amazing. It is not that easy to use (because there are so many functions available) so that could be a good or bad thing. There really is not much that CS5 cannot do that I need. I have read 2 books on Photoshop CS5 and they have really taught me a lot. My vote is for CS5 extended.
11-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

Use Lightroom for import, image management and basic image adjustments, Photoshop for advanced image editing that is beyond the scope of Lightroom.
11-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kryss Quote
Could be because he is a photographer instead of a snap shooter and wants the best editing for his work.
Incredible...
11-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #15
BCG

FWIW I just purchased a copy of Corel PSP on their website for $24.99 delivered to my door. It's on sale for $39.99 and then I got a coupon for $15 off if I signed up for the newsletter. Free shipping, too. It's a Cyber Monday only sale.