Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Capture One 6 released.

Just wanted to let interested parties know tht the new version of Capture One is now out. It has been just a little more than one year since v.5 was released, meaning that the wizards at Phase One have been very busy improving their product. There are some great new features, and one can only hope that IQ has been maintained or even improved. I am very eager to see if NR has been tweaked to bring it up to the level of ACR, because in almost every other way, C1 trounces ACR. Doubters are urged to try it and see for themselves.

C1-6 does not yet cover either the K-5 or the K-r. I would urge folks to submit requests for coverage at the Phase One Support site.

Rob

12-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #2

I was just looking at their forums a couple days ago. Their official stance is "There are only 4 people with K5's who are interested in Capture One, so don't expect anything"

I guess you must be 1 of those 4. Good luck to you.
12-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kxr4trids Quote
Their official stance is "There are only 4 people with K5's who are interested in Capture One, so don't expect anything"
you are wrong, Phase One policy is to support all major dSLR cameras so it is just the question of how fast (sooner or later) that will do this... I am using C1 since *istDL days and they did not miss a single Pentax camera, albeit the work they done for Kx was sloppy at first...
12-09-2010, 05:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I am really happy working with their product with my K20D and *istDL. I never had any problem so far.

01-01-2011, 06:18 AM   #5

Capture one seems to render my images purple-ish in colour. Pretty much every program (lightroom, aperture, dxo optics, PS) renders it correctly.

Any ideas why?

EDIT: more specifically - it renders the colour blue into purple
01-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kbryant Quote
Capture one seems to render my images purple-ish in colour. Pretty much every program (lightroom, aperture, dxo optics, PS) renders it correctly.

Any ideas why?

EDIT: more specifically - it renders the colour blue into purple
This is not a problem that I have ever encountered or even heard of with Capture One, which is actually renowned for its color rendering. I recommend that you submit a support case to Phase One. They are generally extremely responsive and helpful.

Rob