Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Light Room question

I've got a decent handle on using LR3, but there are a couple of things that I'm having trouble with. The one that's got me the most confused is the printing templates. I've got a few shots I want to print out 4x6 size, and I created my own template for doing this, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it so on one page, I can print three different pictures. It wants to print out 3 copies of the same picture, and I can't find a toggle switch anywhere to change it. What am I doing wrong?

12-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In Print choose Custom Package under the Layout Style section. You can then click on the 4x6 cell button and move that where you like. Save it as a user template. To populate those cells with specific images requires you to have the bottom filmstrip showing. Drag the desired image into the cell.

I think that if you select the three images in the Grid prior, they will automatically populate the cells when you choose that template.

M
12-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
In Print choose Custom Package under the Layout Style section. You can then click on the 4x6 cell button and move that where you like. Save it as a user template. To populate those cells with specific images requires you to have the bottom filmstrip showing. Drag the desired image into the cell.

I think that if you select the three images in the Grid prior, they will automatically populate the cells when you choose that template.

M
Tried doing that, but when I pull a picture into the cell, it automatically re-sizes the cell. It doesn't seem to auto populate when you have multiple pictures selected. That kind of sucks.
12-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I found out what I did wrong. I needed to uncheck "Lock to Photo Aspect Ratio", and it doesn't change the size on me. Still a pain to add multiple photos. I'm wanting to do this with a larger number of pictures, and it's a pain to have to put each one in individually. I have a contact sheet that I adjusted, and I can do what I want with 2 4x6, but doing three of them just doesn't want to cooperate.

12-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How can you expect to print 3-4x6's on one 8.5x11 sheet. Just wont fit.
12-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mdave13 Quote
How can you expect to print 3-4x6's on one 8.5x11 sheet. Just wont fit.
Not true. It will fit. 2 at the top in portrait position, and one on the bottom in landscape position.