Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Lightroom 3.3 & Camera Raw 6.3 with more Pentax support

The final version of LR3.3 supports the K-5 and 14 new Pentax lenses.

12-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
All my LTD lenses got picked up!

I just downloaded the LR 3.3 update and was very pleased to see a lot of new Pentax lenses included. For my DA21mm lens, I had been using a user created profile that was done on the K-7 (I use a K-x); Comparing the K-7 user profile with the Adobe created profile for this lens (and presumably my camera), the corners are a little brighter and there is a small shift in distortion correction.

Even more exciting is the new profile for the DA40mm. The Adobe profile really brightens up the corners and adds a small amount of correction. I hadn't realized until I saw the corrected result how dark my corners really had been. My photos with the 40 now show a more uniform luminance, resulting in photos with more pop. This is a big improvement IMO.

The result is similar for the DA70mm: the Adobe profile lightens the corners and corrects a bit of pincushion distortion.

These are wonderful changes that really make a difference in the photos... now if only we could get profiles for the kit lenses (DA-L 18-55 and 55-300!)
12-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just downloaded 3.3, checked in the Develop Module for lens correction, and no Pentax lenses are even listed. Is it because I am using a K20? If not, how do I add these lens profiles?

EDIT: OOOOOOOPSY!!!! I just restarted LR 3.3 and found the lens profiles when I accessed a DNG file.

Last edited by snofox; 12-18-2010 at 10:39 PM.