Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Testing demosaic algorithms

For the "nuts and bolts" people.......
Bayer moire | LibRaw
I encourage all to explore the libraw website.......
And one on floating point (generally too slow for most "commercial" products at least in the past) and integer math......
Festina Lente | LibRaw
seems things may be more practical now
QuoteQuote:
It looks like the time spent in post-processing to get more details and counter-act artifacts might be better spent if demosaicking prepares a cleaner and more detailed image to start with. The processing time difference between integer and floating point implementations of demosaicking most of the times is less than 5 seconds, which is substantially less compared to the time spent on image editing to get close to the same result. Try it, and you will see.

12-12-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Ok thanks, I've read it, so what's the juice since "Adobe Camera Raw uses an algorithm whose results strikingly resemble those of ‘modified AHD by Paul Lee’." and they already suggest using AHD method, should we change anything in PS ACR?

The real question is if "AHD interpolation, floating point processing" gives the sharpest results do we need to use another software for sharpest results which uses "AHD interpolation, floating point processing" ?
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
no I'm just an infoholic...... if we were back in film days I'd post why chemicals develop a latent image.....

http://www.csee.wvu.edu/~xinl/papers/demosaicing_survey.pdf