Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #16

Does the Fast Picture Viewer show you the raw image with the embedded jpeg info applied?

Mand

02-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #17

@riff The MS Codec pack worked fine for me. I run Win7 64bit and although I use an *istD, it says it supports up to K7. Did you download the correct version? i.e. the "amd64" one, not "x86". It could be conflicting with other software maybe. Imho, as a free solution and "official" its definitely worth a try for anyone who stumbles upon this thread.
02-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sumo Quote
as a free solution and "official" its definitely worth a try
Absolutely. I'm just reporting what worked and didn't work for me. (W7 64 bit btw and yes I had the right version installed correctly)
02-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #19

New URL:
«SageThumbs»
Download:
http://code.google.com/p/sagethumbs/downloads/detail?name=sagethumbs_2.0.0.14_setup.exe

03-03-2012, 05:23 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by blueblazer22x Quote
I use DNG format with my K-X. Here's a free program to view those thumbnails in Windows 64-bit

Visual Bakery - Ollis DNG Thumbnails x64

Thanks Blueblazer - I also use DNG and your suggestion works for me!
03-06-2012, 05:15 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Timd Quote
Thanks Blueblazer - I also use DNG and your suggestion works for me!
Adobe's own codec works too.

DNG Codec - Adobe Labs

QuoteQuote:
DNG Codec
From Adobe Labs

Welcome to the Adobe® DNG Codec release candidate on Adobe Labs. The DNG Codec provides a method for Windows 7 customers to view DNG files in the Windows Explorer and Photo Gallery. The ‘release candidate’ label applied to this technology indicates that the codec includes all of the intended features and is well tested but will not be released as a finished product until the community is able to help ensure that a larger set of hardware and software configurations are used with the Codec.

For more information on the DNG format, please visit the DNG pages on Adobe.com
System Requirements

Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit (This codec is not compatible with Windows Vista)
03-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I tried uploading the free trial version of fast picture viewer but kept getting a message that said I had to uninstall psicon thumbnail handler and then reinstall the trial version. Anyone know what the heck it is (am assuming it is associated with photoshop) and will it effect photoshop at all?
The microsoft codec will allow me to view thumbnails in my pictures folder but will not allow me to view them in microsoft picture viewer or any other microsoft photo program. The thumbnails are just too small to do me much good. By the way, I did delete the microsoft codec before uploading fast picture viewer.
Thanks for any help.

03-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use FastStone Image Viewer - Download.com, it's free. I also run Windows 7.
03-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wasser Quote
Adobe's own codec works too. DNG Codec - Adobe Labs
This works great for me! Thanks wasser.

I did no formal testing but I think it's faster then faststone on my system at least. However, faststone does many many more file types.
03-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I've tried a couple things, but always go back to the Adobe codec linked above. It seems the quickest and most stable for Win 7 64 bit, at least of those I've tried.