Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Try Picasa by google. It is free. You can put your photos in albums and upload as many albums onto a CD or DVD as will fit. You can also upload Picasa along with it. This will allow users to pop in the CD or DVD pick which album they want to look at and click on it and let it run. This will not allow them to pull one off and have a copy of it made (at least I don't think it will) but you didn't indicate you wanted that feature.

12-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
I would spend the cash and get adobe premeire elements. you can use it for many other things as well.
what I would do is make a dvd menu and put the different themes in subtitles on the main menu.
It is a lot of drag and drop, and the results are superior to most programs in this price range.
your can try a full functioning trial here https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=premiere_elements&loc=en_us

good luck

randy
Randy,

I looked at Adobe Premier Elements and the accompanying Elements and have a HUGE problem with it. Let me start by saying that I am dealing with nearly a thousand pictures. To separate and put them into chronological order, each file begins with a four digit number. Elements completely ignores the file name and seemingly bring the files in to the program in what ever order it wants. At first I thought there must be some way to rearrange the order based on file name, but I couldn't find it - even in Adobe's Help File. I couldn't believe the program wouldn't bring the files in according to name order or at least allow one to reorder them by name - but I searched online and it seems to be one of the complaints others have had with Elements. File name structure order goes back 70's, and as far as know every operating system lists names in numerical/alphabetical order. Why Adobe Elements ignores this is mind boggling!

If it wasn't for that problem, which I still can't believe Adobe overlooked, these programs would indeed do what I want to accomplish.

Thanks for trying to help though!!