Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
MysticCowboy has pegged this for you though I do not know if his numbers are accurate as I know nothing about that site and I could not search their FAQ since I am not a member.

QuoteQuote:
A standard webpage for modern displays averages between 800-1000 pixels in width. Consider that it usually uses some of that space for side columns and your maximum width for inline display should be somewhere between 450-700 pixels.
I do know that the closer you size your image (width wise) to what they want the better it will look after their software processes it.

01-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Name:  Screen shot 2011-01-05 at 11.25.16 AM.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  44.4 KB

Does anyone see pixels in the dialog I was talking about? In this dialog points = pixels in this situation and the Document Size box can be ignored because this isn't about printing.

Last edited by boriscleto; 01-05-2011 at 09:33 AM.
01-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #18
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78 Quote
apologize if there are lot of threads on how to do this...

recently I did some photos for someone. long story short, she wants to use one of the pics as her LinkedIn profile pic but the image is rejected for the following reason:

image dimensions are too large.

The file size is under the 4MB maximum. How can I adjust the dimensions of the photo so that it's able to be uploaded to LinkedIn?
Save yourself a lot of hassle and download trial version of onone software super resize 7. No problems.
01-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #19
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mysticcowboy Quote
No, no, no, no, no! For online display, like LinkedIn, use pixels. Web displays completely disregard inches, centimeters, and points and I imagine miles, meters, furlongs and cubits. The only dimension that a web page display recognizes is pixels.
Exactly what are you saying "no" too? Five times, no less?

This is what I wrote:

"There has to be.

"When you resize an image in PS, the pulldown in that window gives you various measurement parameters to use, including inches.

"No one knows what points are these days."

01-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #20
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
12 points make a Pica, 6 picas make an inch, old newspaper printing terms, I used to own a pica pole, which is a printers ruler. Somehow it's carried over into desktop publishing just to confuse us. I only wish I knew some useful information!
Remember Haber rules and E-gauges?
01-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #21
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Attachment 79888

Does anyone see pixels in the dialog I was talking about? In this dialog points = pixels in this situation and the Document Size box can be ignored because this isn't about printing.
This is getting too confusing. We're talking past each other.

All you have to do is change the pixel fields above your pull-down to resize via pixels as your measurement.
01-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Attachment 79888

They are in the box above, pixel dimensions. For web use you can ignore the Document size box as it's telling you what size it will print at.

01-08-2011, 12:24 AM   #23

Thank you all, very usefull.
01-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #24
Inactive Account

Un utilitaire gratuit pour windows de (Xp a Seven) qui est tout petit, qui possede presque tous les modes de Saubegarde posible en Jpeg, qui LIT directement les PEF (ou les DNG) du K-X
Qui ne s'installe pas (qui ne pourrit pas le systeme windows)
Qui a 2 fenetres ou on peut comparer directement l'original et la version compresse, et regler en temps reel ce que l'on veut exactement comme resultat!
Ou on peut choisir si on garde les Iptc, Les Exifs, etc...
C'est ICI:

RIOT - Radical Image Optimization Tool

Plus simple et plus efficace, impossible

Ps: s'interface aussi au choix avec plusieurs autres programmes gratuit (gimp, Irfanview, etc..)
et lit aussi la nouvelle norme hdr

a+