Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #1

Photoeditorx? Good for learning?

Has anyone used PhotoeditorX? I am looking for something to learn with- and I like the idea that this comes with tutorials. It seems like a good deal for 27 bux.

I take birth photography (sort of happened into it), so I am looking for something I can use to help uneven skin tones on moms in labor and who just gave birth, and something that can help me edit out blood when it is present.

01-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi
Try Photofiltre, it is very good and free. I have been using it for a few years, it will also
run under Linux and many languages. Use the name as it is shown , it is not a typo but a french spelling !
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What exactly is Photoeditorx? I can't figure it out from its website without getting a headache.

It looks like it's just The Gimp bundled with some worthless tutorials. "In just 5 minutes you too can make a human girl look like a plastic doll".
01-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
What exactly is Photoeditorx? I can't figure it out from its website without getting a headache.

It looks like it's just The Gimp bundled with some worthless tutorials. "In just 5 minutes you too can make a human girl look like a plastic doll".
You're right, its just a glorified version of GIMP. I just downloaded a torrent to check it out and promptly removed it. It was just a fancy-looking GIMP program, and had a "helpful manual". So yeah- not really what I was hoping for. Thankfully I am doing OK shooting photos in camera so that there is not a dire need for post processing and I can shop around. I may eventually even learn photoshop if I can gain the patience

Thanks for your input- I'll also check out photofilre

01-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
Pentaxian

FastStone Image Viewer, Screen Capture, Photo Resizer ... is free and many people like it. I use it only for viewing on a netbook.