Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

digiKam for Windows

Shaping up nicely:

digiKam and Kipi-plugins 1.7 windows installer is available | digiKam - Photo Management Program

01-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
rm2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Note that on Windows 7 64bit I have to run it in XP sp3 compatibility mode. Otherwise it crashes constantly. It works rather well from what I have tested.
01-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
rm2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Got exposure blending to work!

This can't be good for Adobe.

I wrote a little while ago about how much better results I get using digiKam to merge bracketed exposures than with plain Photoshop. This holds true even in Windows. This is what I did to get it working.

1) Install digiKam for Windows, of course.

2) Install Hugin, either 32 or 64 bit according to your OS.

Hugin Download

3) Right click on the Hugin desktop shortcut that was created in the installation and select properties. Click on "Open File Location". Right click on the file called "align_image_stack.exe" and select Copy. Go to the folder where digiKam was installed to and Paste the file in there. On my computer that folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\digiKam\kde4\bin

4) Download Enfuse.

Download Enblend from SourceForge.net

5) Extract the contents of the ZIP file any where you want. Copy the file called "enfuse.exe" into the digiKam folder as in step number 3.

That is it. Now you can select several bracketed images and go to Tools > Blend bracketed images. Enjoy!
01-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
rm2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
To summarize

Amarok and digiKam on Windows An alien’s viewpoint