Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #1

Photo restoration

Hi,

I'm looking for some help restoring a couple old photographs for my mother. I have some very good scans of the old photos and CS5.

Does anyone have any tips or know of any sites that you can learn a bit more about what needs to be done?

01-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I recommend starting with Ctein's book Digital Restoration from Start to Finish. It's pretty thorough on this sort of thing.
01-11-2011, 05:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dhugo3 Quote
Hi,

I'm looking for some help restoring a couple old photographs for my mother. I have some very good scans of the old photos and CS5.

Does anyone have any tips or know of any sites that you can learn a bit more about what needs to be done?
might be some use to you RetouchPRO

randy
01-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

There use to be a guy on here that was good with PS. Even beta tested CS5 for Adobe. Might want to try and find him for help. gr8graphics or something like that.

01-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I once restored a photo for my gran, it was falling apart and held together with tape.

Cs5 would make that kind of work really easy, you have the content aware fill and heal, as well as ur usual clone stamping and such. It can be a time consuming job and if you havent done it before watch a few video's and such about restoring and also about how the fill/heal/clone tools work .