Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow, thanks for the heads up, photolady.
I've been using FastStone (in tandem with PSE) for years and these enhancements sound really useful. I've been trying to migrate to LR3, though, to cut down on storage needs (since I save at various stages of pp) and these enhancements will probably have the effect of slowing my progress (which was very slow to begin with.)

01-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
waxsage, I haven't heard from the creators of FastStone yet. It may take awhile for them to weed through all the emails they get, but when and if I don't I'll post the info they give me in this thread.

Dave, glad to be a help to you.
01-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waxsage Quote
For information, iPhoto doesn't accept .PEF files from my K5. I am still hoping that Pentax/Hoya will fix whatever bug stops their supplied software from working with my Mac. Silkypix will not run a slideshow, and is very clunky in use with crashes and non availability of editing functions on my MacbookPro.

I would welcome a Mac version of FastStone.
Apple didn't add PEF support for the K-7 or K-x until February 25, 2010. They didn't fix the problems introduced with that update until April 22, 2010. Use DNG in the meantime. Even if there was a Mac version of FastStone it wouldn't support K-5 PEF files until Apple updates Digital Camera RAW Compatibility. Your only other choice is the use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Camera RAW.
01-21-2011, 02:09 AM   #19

Thanks boriscleto,
I think I will have to do as you suggest and look at Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Camera RAW.

02-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #20

Picassa is a good options if u are lookin for alternatives
02-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
FastStone, the freeware image editor has a new version that also includes clone stamp and healing brush among other updates:
Thanks for the heads up, photolady.

I have been using Faststone for ages. This new version looks good and the author deserves our support. I gave him a donation a while back and he was very appreciative. I'll give him another one now and I urge others to do the same.

I still don't understand why he gives away such good software.
02-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #22

FastStone, the freeware image editor has a new version that also includes clone stamp and healing brush among other updates:
Thanks photolady!

02-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
rayallen and LeFanch, you're welcome.

techmulla this thread wasn't about looking for an image editor, it was about FastStone's newest version.
02-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #24

My mistake

rayallen and LeFanch, you're welcome.

techmulla this thread wasn't about looking for an image editor, it was about FastStone's newest version.
Hi photolady,
I think techmulla may have responded to the latter part of my comment where I looked forward to a Mac version of Fastone and then moaned about problems I was having with an image editor.
02-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Could be that, yes. I didn't think about your statement either. I still have not heard back from the owner of FastStone.
02-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #26

Mac version?

Could be that, yes. I didn't think about your statement either. I still have not heard back from the owner of FastStone.
I will look forward to hearing any news about this. If they are able to port this to the Mac OS - well, what an incredible job!