Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Software Q - Download FLV from Kelby Training . com ?

I am unable to capture the FLV files that stream at Kelby Training . com

Downloading the files is not forbidden, just tricky. He actually said you need to be a techy to download the videos.

I keep a lot of videos and e-book organized on my computer for future reference, and I refer back to them often.

I don't mind paying the $20/mo to view the video lessons but I'd like to download them for future reference - like a dictionary, you don't just read it once, you refer back to it.

I got a lot of the lessons from BitTorrent, but not all and it was time consuming. I'd rather just pay for a subscription and download them all as normal.

Is anyone here a master at capturing streaming media ? You can go to Kelby Training . com and view the first chapter of any lesson for free, to test a capture method.

Thanks
Craig

p.s. I can heartily recommend the lessons I really enjoy David Ziser's wedding photography videos If you haven't seen Kelby Training . com be sure to take a look.

01-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'd suggest using Apple's Safari browser for either Mac or PC. As you watch the video it will appear in the separate Activity window of the browser. Double-click on that when it is completed and it will be saved to your hard drive. Check this out.

M
12-26-2016, 08:15 PM   #3
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
This old thread seems to attract some odd traffic, unrelated to the original topic. There hasn't been a useful contribution on 5 years. Time to close the door.

If anyone has a compelling reason to reopen this discussion, feel free to contact myself or one of the other staff members with your reasons.

Happy photographing!
Closed Thread