Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
Forum Member

custom image rotation sofware

Hey guys, I'm looking for some software that can custom rotate an image to a certain angle, not just 90 degrees. From there I will be cropping the image, so I would also like it if the software had a fill tool to fill in the white areas in the newly rotated, cropped image. Hopefully this makes sense. I know photoshop does it, but I don't want to make that kind of investment right now. I'm not a GIMP fan, so don't suggest that. Anybody know of some good software that can custom rotate images and fill? Thank you in advance.

01-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Faststone is free, and will let you free rotate. I don' know about the fill, or why you would want to for that matter. Why wouldn't you just crop the image after rotating?
01-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
hmm, the fastone from CNET won't install for some reason. Anyway, I just found a way to do everything I needed in Irfanview, so that should do it. I'll check out fast stone another day, though. Thank you.
01-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Pentax software PDCU 4.3 does allow to rotate from any free angle. It is nicely done and the results are excellent.

PDCU comes with the Pentax dSLRs.