Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

GIMP brush smoothing

I've always noticed that the GIMP's brush strokes, especially with large brushes, are not uniform.

I'm not at my PC or else i'd post a screenshot.

What i mean is, with a very large, hard brush, if I draw a straight line with shift-click, it looks great. But if i draw the same line by hand, the edges of the line are uneven. I'm not talking about shaky hands, it's as if, instead of dragging the brush, I'm single-clicking every 5px.

It usually doesn't bother me, because I rarely use hard brushes, and the effect is much less noticeable with soft brushes. I'll just go back and forth a few times and smooth over it.

Any way around this? i looked thhrgh the options for something like "brush smoothing" but came up empty. Google was equally unhelpful.

02-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow, creepy. I was doing some more googling, and this thread is already showing up...
02-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Guess it is the way you choose the search keyword or you are the very few people noticed this issue .

QuoteOriginally posted by lavascript Quote
Wow, creepy. I was doing some more googling, and this thread is already showing up...