Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #1

Question. Silkypix software won't load.

When I got my K10D I also obtained thr Silkypix softwere Ver 5.3 for the Photo Laboaratory etc, and installed it onto the second hard drive in my computer; this Seagate drive failed and became a brick, vitrifying everything on it. I replaced the drive with a Western Digital and attempted to install the Silkypix software but the installer program gave a message claiming that the software was already installed.
I used ZtreeWin to purge all references of Pentax and Silkypix from my computer, but still the installer refuses ti install. So I presume there is a geristry entry I have missed and this is locking the installation.
Has anyone a solution to this problem?

granitic

02-27-2011, 01:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Try running ccleaner and see if it helps.

CCleaner - Download

If not, do you have a recovery point prior to installing Silxypix you can roll back to?
03-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #3

Original Poster
I solved the problem! I took the Pentax software CD to a friend's place and installed Pentax Digital Camera Utilities (The offending program) in his computer.

After examining the folder in ZtreeWin, I burnt the folder to a CD, then using the Pentax Uninstall.exe in the folder, uninstalled the program from his computer.

When I got home I established the directories that comprise the folder using ZtreeWin on the second HDD, I then copied the files from the CD using ZtreeWin into their proper directories.

I now had a working installation, but without the Icons on the desktop, so I uninstalled, again using the Pentax Uninstall.exe that was in the installed software.

I now placed the Pentax CD in the computer and did the setup. The program insalled perfectly giving me the desktop icons for the shortcut to the program.

I have now downloaded from the SD card and have printed some photos.

Sometimes a bit of lateral thinking pays off; this time it did perfectly

Granitic