Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #1

CS5 not installing?

Hope someone can help me with this.

I tried to install CS5 last night (from new boxed disk of the software received directly from Adobe) and it did not install properly and/or completely. First I got a bunch of errors saying OS incompatibility or something to that affect, and then when I tried to install it again, it appeared to have done so but no files were ever extracted and no PS icons ever appeared on my desktop. I restarted the PC and then went searching for the software on the c: drive and finally found it under program files (x86). However, when I try to open it a bunch of sub folders appear and there is nothing to unzip, etc. I don't understand what happened.

The laptop I'm using is an HP G71-340US. Intel Core Duo 2 T660, MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 AM, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD, 320 GB Sata Hard Drive, Duel layer DVD +/- RW... Should be ample should it not?

I have Photoshop Elements 8 installed as that's what I've been using.

I don't understand why CS5 will not install and unzip. Can anyone help?
I have not contacted Adobe yet (I dread that) but will have to if I can't figure this out on my own.

P.S. I also see Photoshop CS5 in my "uninstall programs" list in the control panel, but it looks like it's not completely installed...said something like 12MB for size. *shrug* I'm lost. I thought this would be and ez pz installation. Wishful thinking I guess. lol

03-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The first thing I would try is a complete uninstall and making sure you have the latest upgrades to Win 7 and your video. Then try a reinstall.

The CS5 website lists the requirements as:

•Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
•Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (Service Pack 2 recommended); or Windows 7
•1GB of RAM
•1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash-based storage devices)
•1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics card, 16-bit color, and 256MB of VRAM
•Some GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0
•DVD-ROM drive
•QuickTime 7.6.2 software required for multimedia features
•Broadband Internet connection required for online services*

Your computer appears to meet those with the possible exception of the video - you might want to check that. Is there any possibility you can list any error messages and codes?
03-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I had a similar problem with the on line down load.

Once it had finished installing, there was nothing in the start up menu at all.

I did a full un-install, reloaded and it works fine now.