Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Professional Image Enlargement software?

Which ones are the best? (I have a mac) I want one specially made for image enlargement, my old school wants to use one of my images on a banner on the art building so the final print is going to be huuuuuuge. And I will probably need that in the future too so I would appreciate if you could let me know what the best option is. Thanks!

04-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Noob Quote
Which ones are the best? (I have a mac) I want one specially made for image enlargement, my old school wants to use one of my images on a banner on the art building so the final print is going to be huuuuuuge. And I will probably need that in the future too so I would appreciate if you could let me know what the best option is. Thanks!
It used to be called Genuine Fractals, but now goes by some other name. Give it a quick google. Its the best.
04-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

+1 for genuine fractals, improved and now called perfect resize7
04-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
+1 for genuine fractals, improved and now called perfect resize7
This?

Perfect Resize 7 - onOne Software

Wow, the professional Edition costs 300 USD I guess that is like 250 Euros.

Is this the best there is? Is it worth it since I am gonna become a pro in the long run?

04-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Noob Quote
This?

Perfect Resize 7 - onOne Software

Wow, the professional Edition costs 300 USD I guess that is like 250 Euros.

Is this the best there is? Is it worth it since I am gonna become a pro in the long run?
That's the software. Photoshop CS3 thru CS5 will allow you to enlarge your photos also, but GF and Perfect Resize7 do a much cleaner image. Its worth it if it makes you money or gives you what you desire. I suggest you download the free trial and then decide. If $s are the problem, try ebay for an earlier version of Genuine Fractals for $100, then contact on one software and see if the ebay version will qualify you for the $99 upgrade. That may save you $100. I use GF6 and do not plan on upgrading to Perfect Resize7 even tho the images produced are a bit better.

Last edited by ivoire; 04-21-2011 at 07:16 AM.
04-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Open Source option

In case you don't want to spend money look for Smilla Enlarger at sourceforge.net. I don't have experience with the profe$$ional options but this one does a pretty good job IMHO.