Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Forum Member

Camera profile in Lightroom and Camera RAW

Hello,
I'd like to ask you which profile you select in LR and CR.
Do you use a customized profile or the Standard Adobe profile?

Cheers,
Andrea

05-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #2

sorry, no answer to your question but your profile photo is cool... where did you get this?
05-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AKum8 Quote
Hello,
I'd like to ask you which profile you select in LR and CR.
Do you use a customized profile or the Standard Adobe profile?

Cheers,
Andrea
if you do not like the standard profile (which is actually specific to the camera in most, if not all, cases - just it is being called "standard" by Adobe) then you either 1) grab a colorchecker and make some of your own or 2) dump any .dcp profile for another camera that you want to try to .xml, edit the camera/model name to make it like for your own camera, compile back to .dcp and use it or 3) dump pentax profile from in camera DNG raw file and use it... it is just a matter of taste.
05-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phonoline Quote
sorry, no answer to your question but your profile photo is cool... where did you get this?
I've just googled Kermit

05-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
if you do not like the standard profile (which is actually specific to the camera in most, if not all, cases - just it is being called "standard" by Adobe) then you either 1) grab a colorchecker and make some of your own or 2) dump any .dcp profile for another camera that you want to try to .xml, edit the camera/model name to make it like for your own camera, compile back to .dcp and use it or 3) dump pentax profile from in camera DNG raw file and use it... it is just a matter of taste.
Interesting, but what's the difference between changing camera color regulation and HSL color sliders?
05-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
By choosing the your camera profile, it adjusts your photo to the JPEG defaults of your camera model and the Adobe Standard is their default standard. Adobe claims theirs has the most accurate color profile. That's to be expected. It's just a starting point anyhow. You can also make custom adjustments. The issue of monitor calibration has to come into play here also.
05-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member

For a donation of $9.95 you can download a large set of camera profiles for your specific camera model from PSKiss that will mimic a whole list of high-end cameras for your ACR RAW to JPG conversions. Although I usually just select "Camera Standard" (not Adobe Standard), which is the default for my K-7, I have found that the "Nikon D2x Vivid" setting gives a pleasant warmth, saturation and contrast for landscape images. I don't like any of the Canon settings and have deleted them but some of the Nikon defaults are quite nice.

PSKiss has amassed a wide range of profiles for Canon and Nikon but only includes the "Standard" for Pentax cameras. I am hoping that enough e-mailed requests will get them to add to the Pentax profiles, at least to the point of giving us our own "Vivid" setting.

06-05-2011, 03:44 AM   #8

Jo tambe estic buscan els perfils de la K7 per LR 3.4.1, es un desastre que Adobe tan sols inclogui perfils per Canon, Nikon.
Jo crec que els usuaris dŽaltres marques tambe tenim dret a tenirlos, tan sols tindrian que demanar els perfils de cada camara a Pentax i ells els hi facilitarien sense cap problema
06-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by abmj Quote
For a donation of $9.95 you can download a large set of camera profiles for your specific camera model from PSKiss that will mimic a whole list of high-end cameras for your ACR RAW to JPG conversions. Although I usually just select "Camera Standard" (not Adobe Standard), which is the default for my K-7, I have found that the "Nikon D2x Vivid" setting gives a pleasant warmth, saturation and contrast for landscape images. I don't like any of the Canon settings and have deleted them but some of the Nikon defaults are quite nice.

PSKiss has amassed a wide range of profiles for Canon and Nikon but only includes the "Standard" for Pentax cameras. I am hoping that enough e-mailed requests will get them to add to the Pentax profiles, at least to the point of giving us our own "Vivid" setting.
Actually, if you shoot Pentax "Vibrant" images using RAW-DNG and select "Embedded" in LR, you get the vibrant version of the RAW file's JPG interpretation.

Agree, it will be really nice when PSKiss "Cross Camera DNG Profiles" makes the various Pentax profiles available, too.

Cheers...