Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How do you dump EXIF?

Need a little help or direction.

I do a lot of pano work with the K10D.

I use PTGui for a fairly large amount of the stitching.

The problem is that the few images I have tried to get into the Pentax Gallery keep telling me that the images are not shot on a Pentax camera and won't let me load. Duh?

Anyway, I figured that perhaps the removal of the exif (that for whatever reason says it is not a Pentax camera...via exif changes in the melding process) and submission of the images as a scan (with clarification in the description) might be an option.

Anybody have the answer to crack this safe ?

Stephen

11-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use exifer to restore exif when it gets removed- my psp7 would do that too. Exifer for Windows (I use windows xp, don't know if it works on vista or mac)
11-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
Inactive Account

ExifTool by Phil Harvey
11-07-2007, 08:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you want to 'trick' the EXIF on an image, after opening your pano open one unedited Pentax image in Photoshop. Then change the size of the EXIF image to match the size of the pano, and drag the pano image on top of the other image.

You can then flatten the image and save as JPEG and all the EXIF will be there.

When I am doing panos I usually use the first image in the pano as the EXIF image so that the EXIF is correct.

11-08-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
If you want to 'trick' the EXIF on an image, after opening your pano open one unedited Pentax image in Photoshop. Then change the size of the EXIF image to match the size of the pano, and drag the pano image on top of the other image.

You can then flatten the image and save as JPEG and all the EXIF will be there.

When I am doing panos I usually use the first image in the pano as the EXIF image so that the EXIF is correct.
Thanks Tom, Sean and the Guy,

I'll try these and see which gives me the best flexability. If I need help I'll be back.

Stephen
11-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

You could say it's a scanned image as well

I haven't entered any of my pano's, because they're.... heavily edited when you consider how much work is involved in a panoramic.
11-09-2007, 01:23 AM   #7
PDL
Pentaxian

First - there is dumping the EXIF information from the images that you stich together. a cost effective way to do this is to use PPL - which will extract the EXIF information and store it in a comma delimited file (on windows a type of file that defaults to an excel spreadsheet) or .csv.

There are tools out there that will allow you to re-enter the data back into the final format and include information such as copyright, camera, artist and other tags. Go back and review this thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/14004-can-i-restore-exif-data.html
There is detailed information on EXIF/ITCP editors that will even allow you to enter information on the camera model.
I use the iPanda Exif editor and the one from kiwi to add information into scanned slides. I use PhotoInfo from MS to enter copyright, author etc. since it will allow for batch processing.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL