Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 - Change Horrible Black Appearance?

I just purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 for my wife (using Windows XP) and she's not exactly thrilled (to put it mildly) with the program cosmetics. After using the program for a few minutes, I'd have to agree. It's horrible. Specifically, I'm talking about the black or dark gray overall appearance within the program itself, the black menus, and so on. I believe this is called the "skin" in Windows Media Player. I looked around in the menus (etc.) for a way to change this, but found nothing. Any suggestions?

By the way, is this the new Vista appearance? If so, since it looks like a bad video game for young teenagers, this isn't exactly a strong selling point for that OS. I have Photoshop CS2. Has Photoshop CS3 adopted this same appearance yet?

stewart

-

Last edited by stewart_photo; 11-08-2007 at 07:06 AM. Reason: spelling and typing errors
11-08-2007, 05:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
hi stewart,........not sure about ps express, never used it , but, adobe tends to be fairly consistent throughout its platform, so......in cs2 and cs3, to change color backgrounds etc....pressing shift+ctrl+alt simultaneously and hitting the k key will bring up a preference box for making changes to the programs 'appearence'....gl, hope it works for ya.....u might also look in the help menu, though sometimes these shortcuts are hidden
11-08-2007, 07:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
While the shift+ctrl+alt-k shortcut is indeed a nice feature, it doesn't seem to work with Photoshop Elements 6. Thanks anyway.

stewart

Last edited by stewart_photo; 11-08-2007 at 07:17 AM.
11-08-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Stewart

Uh... both my wife and I have PSE 6 and we actually (now hold on to your hat) ... like the appearance. Go figure, eh?! Different strokes for ...

Anyway, I've just pre-ordered a guide for it (nothing out yet) so if I discover the answer to your question, I'll post back.

11-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
Hi Stewart

Uh... both my wife and I have PSE 6 and we actually (now hold on to your hat) ... like the appearance. Go figure, eh?! Different strokes for ...
I agree, Been playing with PSE6 Trial and I think it looks pretty good (can't be said for the Vista theme at least as far as I've seen that). But maybe that's because I like the dark stuff (is more relaxing for my eyes then the bright white ).
11-08-2007, 08:08 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
shift+cntl+alt+k doesn't seem to work. I have PSE6 now and not very enthralled with the organizer.
11-09-2007, 12:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote

Well, since it exists, it's pretty obvious someone had to like it, James. Of course, none of that changes the fact that we don't like it and are looking for a way to change it somewhat.

QuoteQuote:
Anyway, I've just pre-ordered a guide for it (nothing out yet) so if I discover the answer to your question, I'll post back.

Thanks for keeping me in mind. I've search the internet, but either can't hit on the proper key words to find the solution or a solution just doesn't exist.

stewart

11-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
Thanks for keeping me in mind. I've search the internet, but either can't hit on the proper key words to find the solution or a solution just doesn't exist.

stewart
Can't you ask Adobe (email or forum or something) ?