Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Anyone knows a good tutorial guide for LR3? I just purchased one also from amazon at 120$, back ordered. I want to buy the guide now and read it, while I am waiting. TIA

06-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I assume you already know about this: AdobeTV
A search for Lightroom here yielded a lot of results, lots of good results.
Tutorials
However, when you have some time to read it's nice to go to Barnes and Noble and find a good book that you like, then buy it or the kindle/nook edition to read on your computer/reader/mobile, so you can read it when you're bored at work/on the toilet/etc. Or better yet, get a starbucks and read the relevant portions of the books while you loiter in B&N
06-05-2011, 03:51 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by metungnasi Quote
Anyone knows a good tutorial guide for LR3?
You've gotta roll up you sleeves and get down in the weeds with LR3. Reading about it won't cut it.

I recommend...

Amazon.com: Vision & Voice: Refining Your Vision in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (Voices That Matter) (9780321670090): David duChemin: Books

..to learn how to get the most out of the 'Develop' module.

Excellent... highly recommended!

Good luck... Cheers.... M
06-05-2011, 05:03 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by metungnasi Quote
Anyone knows a good tutorial guide for LR3? I just purchased one also from amazon at 120$, back ordered. I want to buy the guide now and read it, while I am waiting. TIA
You can also download the full version and use it for 30 days until you get it from Amazon. Then just install it over it. I did so 7 days ago and it's great. Plus, there are many easy to follow tutorials on the links given already.

06-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You might not even have to reinstall it, just apply your new key and it should work.

Best advice is to sit and do but having tutorials in hand while the software is open can only help. The more you use it the better the learning.

Good luck and welcome to LR!
06-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Excellent

QuoteOriginally posted by George Lama Quote
You might not even have to reinstall it, just apply your new key and it should work.

Best advice is to sit and do but having tutorials in hand while the software is open can only help. The more you use it the better the learning.

Good luck and welcome to LR!
Your right, as it should ask you every time you open it if you wish to enter a key or continue with trial.

The only reason I reinstall the program is, I run many Trial Programs 'Sandboxed". In case, the program is not playing well with my system. If I decide not to use them, then they've not had any effect on my computer when uninstalled.

Excellent comment on how to learn LR as well. Adobe has some excellent instructors (Julieanne Kost) who know their excellent product.
I watch on one screen, (which is excellent) and pause it, (Excellent) and then try it in LR. (Excellent) It's Excellent. Really excellent. Okay! Excellent.
06-08-2011, 03:11 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Lightroom 3 for Digital Photographers from PhotoshopCAFE has helped me a lot in using the software .

06-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #38
Veteran Member

I'll wait for the paperback verison

QuoteOriginally posted by Ken T Quote
Lightroom 3 for Digital Photographers from PhotoshopCAFE has helped me a lot in using the software .
Pay $100, to learn what I paid $120.

While I have no doubt it could be an execellent tool to learn LR, I'll wait for the paperback version.

There's too many great video's for free from both Adobe, & Youtube to drop $100 on it. I would use the money for Topaz, or whatever your interest leads you.

Here's my work flow on using new software:

1. Purchase
2. Jump right into it.
3. Can't figure out a darn thing.
4. Jump on a forum, ask 50 stupid questions.
5. Get yelled at and told to RTFM.
6. I RTFM
7. Learn how to use software.
8. Become a pseudo expert.
9. Hover over forums waiting for newbie to ask 50 stupid questions.
10. Yell at them & tell em to RTFM.