Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dmfw Quote
Note. At 250 DPI, the KX prints are at about 17x11. I have printed my KX pics at 16x20, and they look fine.
Thanks for the numbers. Useful for the reference...

06-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #17
Inactive Account

I have also printed up shots of 16X20 taken with the Kx, and the tamron 18-200 lens, for a vineyard, They look great, even close up.
06-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The correct viewing distance is proportional to the degree of enlargement, which is why billboards look OK - from 50+ feet.
06-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
The correct viewing distance is proportional to the degree of enlargement, which is why billboards look OK - from 50+ feet.
A broader way of saying it that includes the billboard case as well as many others is the ratio of display pixel size to viewing distance should be at least about 1/1000.

People object to pixelation before they object to fuzziness in a display so the above rule implies that if you are going to display beyond a 100% crop be sure to upsample the file so each pixel is smaller than one thousandth of the closest viewing distance.

06-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am trying to achieve the same thing too .......... print some of the picture on canvas or bigger prints.

I am wondering beside you have figure out the correct size, is there a place to go for/ to avoid to get these things print out? my brother printed some picture out on canvas earlier, he got the right size/ dpi,etc......... but the color and offset does not come out right so it does not look good..... the store gave him back the credit at the end...........

I am thinking to get it done at Costco because the price looks decent, any thoughts on that ?

Thanks,
06-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by taiweitai Quote
I am trying to achieve the same thing too .......... print some of the picture on canvas or bigger prints.

I am wondering beside you have figure out the correct size, is there a place to go for/ to avoid to get these things print out? my brother printed some picture out on canvas earlier, he got the right size/ dpi,etc......... but the color and offset does not come out right so it does not look good..... the store gave him back the credit at the end...........

I am thinking to get it done at Costco because the price looks decent, any thoughts on that ?

Thanks,
I've never found any of the local budget providers to produce images of any quality. I tend to use SmugMug, as they have (in my experience) the best min/max of price vs quality.