Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #1

LR3 question

I have a few types of software to view and edit photos in. For some reason LR3 shows the photo much darker then the other softwares (Pentax, XNview, Paint.net) and in the shadows it appears to loose information. I was curious if there was a way to control the presets for LR3? Also, curious what adjustments need to be made? I noticed that even in "develop" that exposure compensation is not giving me the same results as the other software I am using.

I am hoping this makes sense , and its a common problem.
Thanks for all help!!!

06-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
1. Are you shooting in RAW or JPG?
2. Are your monitor(s) calibrated/profiled.

If your system is not calibrated and using a good profile, I believe some programs may display differently. (at one time I had four programs displaying the same image with four different sets of colors)

I would hazard to say Lightroom is more "correct", but that of course depends how you define "correct". You can save a preset to adjust your image and assign that on import. That can help make it more consistent with other software or to your own liking. As far as what adjustments? Well that is up to you.
It sounds like possibly Fill Light if exposure does not do things "correctly".

I stick with the built in Adobe profiles or camera profiles I've created with Passport Color Checker.

As long as your monitors are profiles, everyone else should see things similarly.