Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Argyll with Eye One on Mac OS X?

Has anyone used Argyll to profile their monitors (I have two) on the Mac OS with Eye One colorimeter?
Last time I tried, Firefox lost all of the blue channel across the entire application.
Photoshop reported the profile was invalid.
And neither monitor looked close to being the same. (both are almost identical right now when using the current EyeOne software)

Any other alternatives?

Mainly, the XRite software requires Rosetta. Lion will not include Rosetta so your ancient software is out of luck, and XRite has no plans to update the software to run under Lion. So I will need to find some way to profile my monitor (sadly, not upgrading to Lion may not be an option)

I'm hoping someone has decent instructions for getting monitors calibrated using Argyll or some other software with the Eye One.

I really don't want to buy another XRite product -- their software just isn't worth the cost nor is their consistent lack of support. (several lackluster experiences)
And I really don't want to give up the good hardware that really seems to beat other products.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

08-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #2

I use ArgyllCMS and Dispcalgui, but with a Spyder2 and Windows 7, so can't really help with a Mac I'm afraid.
08-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Luckily XRite/GretagMacBeth has seen the errors of their ways -- so to speak, and have decided to offer a free software upgrade to all current iOne Display owners. So I may not need Argyll after all.

FYI, regarding the XRite stuff...

I have been hearing a lot of rumors about the high pricing, and after I received my upgrade offer email, the only links to upgradable products were in the $800 range!!! I only paid $250 in the first place!!

Anyway, I called XRite and they explained the upgrade product is not out yet (should be in September), and would not cost that much. Regardless, due to overwhelming response from current owners they have changed their policy from offering free upgrade to those that bought the iOne Display in 2011 to now being available to all owners.

I have always had a really foul opinion of XRite's support ever since I got their products (good product, awful support), but this has certainly earned them a big Gold Star.
08-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #4
Forum Member

Something is not right . From my experience Argyll produces a very standard-compliant profiles (I use Windows XP though). As your problem is more related to Argyll than Pentax your best bet would be to post this to the Argyll mailing list. The people there will surely help you to get to the root of this behaviour.