Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cats_five Quote
Elements drove me nuts after using PaintShopPro and I found it didn't have a channel mixer, which is how I usually convert to B&W. PSP is cheaper and full-featured, but a bit easier to use than Photoshop. The weakest area is colour-managed workflow which can be done but is tricker than with Elements / Photoshop / Lightroom.
I used Paint Shop Pro X2 before I went dSLR and got a great deal on a package with CS5 Extended + LR3 + Painter 11.

One caution, PSP X2 has a good rep and solid reviews. Part of why I did not go with it to X3 were the incredible # of negative reviews from long-time PSP users about "ruining" the software with the X3 package. I do think PSP X2 is far easier to use than CS5 and it costs around $30 for the full retail version

06-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Another vote for Faststone.. god I love that program.. between that and Paintshop Pro I think you'd be in good shape and won't spend a fortune..
06-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #18

Original Poster
Thank you all for your suggestions and help. I will now research the options you all gave me and take it from there.
Cheers Darren