Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

PK_Tether

Was suggetsed 'PK Tether' by 'aurele' in another thread (https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/149210-if-pentax-m...-whatever.html)

At the bottom of this page (PK_Tether | Tethering and remote control software for Pentax DSLR cameras) it states "Use at your own risk."

Does anyone know what kind of risks may be involved?

Are we talking - K-x stops working - risks or general - computer might not take it - risks?
If the latter I can sort that but if my camera dies I'll be gutted!

Anyone used this?

Advance thank you's!
Dave

06-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
PK Tether seems harmless and is potentially quite useful. I hope the author continues to develop and improve it.

'Use at own risk' means it is only beta software (v0.45...) so it may not work reliably. So if you plan to use it to help you shoot an important wedding or studio shoot, I wouldn't. It doesn't mean it will fry your camera (necessarily).

It works OK - I've tried it on my K-x and K200D. Just remember to set 'auto-save' to auto save the images to disk - that seemed to make it work more reliably for me.
06-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everything you do in life involves risk, that includes using computer software. PK Tether is not designed to cause harm to your equipment, but really, do we really know what all those 0's and 1's are doing when we're not looking?