Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #1

Processing RAW in elements 9

Hi Guys,
I just bought Elements 9 and it won't let me import my RAW images so I can process them. They are in the PEF format from my K5 and for some reason it is giving me trouble. What am I doing wrong. I'm not having any trouble with JPEG images but it's annoying me that I can't get the RAW images up. Does it have anything to do with the photos being shot in the RGB settings and not ADOBE. I'm only a beginner so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Darren.

07-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You will probably need to install the latest updates from Adobe for K5 support. Otherwise switch your RAW format from PEF to DNG. I use DNG so I never worry about compatibility and the quality is the same. For the images you already taken you will either need to install the updates or convert using Pentax's software first.
07-02-2011, 02:43 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks mate, I changed the format to DNG on the photos I have shot already and it works perfectly.
Cheers Darren