Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Adjust date in DNG Raw file, best method? Can it be done in bulk?

Okay, so I did a real bonehead move. I just realized that I set the year wrong on my K-5 when it first arrived. I've got over 800 DNG files that have a 2010 date, where they should have 2011.

Has anyone ever attempted a bulk EXIF update like this? I'd like to fix it, but don't want to screw up all my Lightroom PP work and such.

Appreciate the guidance....not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post the ask in, or not...but seemed like a good fit.

07-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
...and shortly after posting this...I Googled a bit more, and found the answer. Functionality is built right in to Lightroom.

Just highlight the photos in Library you want to change...click Metadata>Edit Capture Time....

When you select multiple photos, and just adjust the year, it's smart enough to only adjust the year in the photos...and doesn't adjust them all to the same time stamp. Worked great...thought I would leave the thread in case someone else hits the same issue someday.

Cheers.
07-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
wjt
Veteran Member

Hahaha, good to see I'm not the only one. I had mine set to 2010 as well
07-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Heh. Make it three of us. I had about 200 PEF shots with 2010 instead of 2011 as the capture date.

I ended up using exiftool from the command line.