Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #46

Downloaded, installed and working well for me with PEF files from Kx and K100D.

Bit of fun coming to grips with the interface but is easy to use once set up and I like the results compared against PDU, ACDSee, Raw Therapee and PSE.

Many thanks to the OP, Rawr.

08-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by goldpopper Quote
I tried the software as well, and while my raw pics are fine in iphoto and other software, opening in capture one results in a purple hue. I had hoped it would work well, but alas, I think it will get junked and I will get Aperture instead.
Are you referring to PEFs? If so, then there is something wrong with your configuration of C1, as it is renown for delivering the best colors of any raw processor.

Rob
08-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #48

So what's the answer to the following question?

Please answer this question using issue #110 of Digital Photographer magazine to claim your license code:

“What effect is being taught on page 67?”
08-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wasim_altaf Quote
So what's the answer to the following question?
Looks like they are adding new questions all the time.

When I first posted the link, there was no question. Then they had some question about a famous photographers name. Now this.

The direct download link off Phase One's site is:
Phase One camera system - Raw conversion software - Photo management

But to activate the copy of C1 you download (otherwise it's only a 30 day trial) you will need a unique serial generated by the magazine.

Maybe a UK PFF user may be able to help if they have access to the physical magazine.

08-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #50

I didn't realize that it was a UK mag.

Seems like they have setup multiple links, each with a different questions:

“What is advertised on page 44?”
“Name the expert on page 39?”
“Who is the author of the masterclass on page 45?”
“What animal is featured on page 87?”
08-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wasim_altaf Quote
Seems like they have setup multiple links, each with a different questions:
Aha.

If you really want C1 Express for free, it looks like a digital version of their magazine is available via their app on the iTunes store. Get their app, then get the relevant edition of their mag:

Digital Photographer Magazine for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
08-07-2011, 05:24 AM   #52

Photos: Gallery
Thanks a bunch, very nice.

08-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #53
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love Silkypix, and when I want the colors right, I always go there. I have used a ton of Raw converters, and for colors, Silkypix is unbeatable for Pentax shooters IMHO.
Regards!
08-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #54

Thanks! You sure know how to look things up on the web.

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Aha.

If you really want C1 Express for free, it looks like a digital version of their magazine is available via their app on the iTunes store. Get their app, then get the relevant edition of their mag:

Digital Photographer Magazine for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
08-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #55

My eyes aren't trained enough to detect slight differences in color rendering, But I can notice artifacts due to noise reduction and/or sharpening. I prefer both PCDU and Silkypix (only used it for 30-days trial period) in that regard.

Anyway, I'm intrigued by Capture One Express because it's a 64bit application. I may or may not like its stock output, figured it's worth a try. I can always go back to in-camera conversion.
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I love Silkypix, and when I want the colors right, I always go there. I have used a ton of Raw converters, and for colors, Silkypix is unbeatable for Pentax shooters IMHO.
Regards!