Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Digital Camera Utility 4 problem

I have a K5 and a new iMAC. I used Digital Camera Utility 4 briefly to make normal adjustments (colour, contrast etc) but its now stopped working. Photos load up ok, and the tool panels show and appear to let you make an adjustment, but the image remains unchanged. I am using PEF files and have unlocked these (just to be sure).

What I find confusing is it did work fine. I have downloaded the latest software update and rebooted.

Perhaps there's something very simple I've missed?

Thanks for any help!

07-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben Searle Quote
I have a K5 and a new iMAC. I used Digital Camera Utility 4 briefly to make normal adjustments (colour, contrast etc) but its now stopped working. Photos load up ok, and the tool panels show and appear to let you make an adjustment, but the image remains unchanged. I am using PEF files and have unlocked these (just to be sure).

What I find confusing is it did work fine. I have downloaded the latest software update and rebooted.

Perhaps there's something very simple I've missed?

Thanks for any help!
I have some problems with PDCU for mac as well. For example when I try to crop the image, the crop frame does not move at all. And PDCU uses quit a lot of memory and cpus, my i7 imac may stuck for a while. Looks like that PDCU for mac is not as good the windows version.
07-15-2011, 03:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yjcs Quote
I have some problems with PDCU for mac as well. For example when I try to crop the image, the crop frame does not move at all. And PDCU uses quit a lot of memory and cpus, my i7 imac may stuck for a while. Looks like that PDCU for mac is not as good the windows version.
Tried updating to the latest version (4.33 now): PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4 Update for Macintosh : Software Downloads : PENTAX "Improved stability of general performance. "
07-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #4

Original Poster
Update

I've since found that the changes I make, while not showing in the window, are saved if I save the changes I cannot see. So it seems the preview does not refresh...

07-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #5

Thanks. I updated but seems no visible improvement.
07-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
I have pictures taken from the camera that will load up fine in the utility 4.33 software but if I try to open a picture that was 'cut' from another package, it locks up the utility. The 'cut' image was from an original image from the camera.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I have to kill the process to get the utility reloaded.
07-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Don't have a MAC, but still ran into a problem with the program working, then not working. I ended up on the phone with Pentax support and they sent me a new program disc. Still had the same issue, so I ended up getting some PP software I really like-it's called SageLight. There are also a lot of free software programs.