Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
First Prints out of K-x are Awesome

Hi Guys,

This month my K-x finished one year with 5k+ clicks. So I thought I should put my k-x the real test. I have chosen 74 photos out of my archive. Out of it 7 were printed at 8"x12" (A4) and rest at 6"x9" inches. 5 of the pics printed at A4 were shot at ISO 3200 (yes that's right) and the remaining 2 at ISO 400.

My first impression - this is awesome. At the nose to eye distance I could not find any difference, literally any difference b/n the ISO3200 and ISO400 prints. And I feel that tells a lot about the camera.

Then I asked the printing guy about how big I can print my photos. He showed me a 30"x40" frame hanging on the wall and said "that much if it is sharp enough". And I really feel only that size will do justice to the camera's capability. I am really looking for a good picture to print that size now.

Those of you who didn't print your pics yet, go do it sooner.

Cheers
Guna

07-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am glad that you are happy with the K-x
if you want to print large, consider shooting panorama-style
I have a portrait orientation picture of a historical city centre (resized here: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ruCVrY9QIGiXdVRnYMJfp5iJiFNzIh6LoVl1fD...eat=directlink), shot three pics at 35mm with kit lens, the size of output picture is 3600x5240 and I have it printed on 4 sheets of A3 paper (180g/m2) and...it is AWESOME
I could shoot at 18 mm but the kit lens is sharpest at 35 mm with no distortion...and I also wanted to keep that 35mm-ish perspective
08-11-2011, 04:31 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gut1kor Quote
Hi Guys,

This month my K-x finished one year with 5k+ clicks. So I thought I should put my k-x the real test. I have chosen 74 photos out of my archive. Out of it 7 were printed at 8"x12" (A4) and rest at 6"x9" inches. 5 of the pics printed at A4 were shot at ISO 3200 (yes that's right) and the remaining 2 at ISO 400.

My first impression - this is awesome. At the nose to eye distance I could not find any difference, literally any difference b/n the ISO3200 and ISO400 prints. And I feel that tells a lot about the camera.

Then I asked the printing guy about how big I can print my photos. He showed me a 30"x40" frame hanging on the wall and said "that much if it is sharp enough". And I really feel only that size will do justice to the camera's capability. I am really looking for a good picture to print that size now.

Those of you who didn't print your pics yet, go do it sooner.

Cheers
Guna

I'm having a couple printed up in 16x20 for my 1st exhibit as part of our photo club's fall showcase at the local library..........just need to find a good lab to do it, as all those close to me use simple Fuji mini-labs.
11-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Just an update...
Recently I did a photo shoot for my friend's son's birthday and we printed some of the shots on A3 and they just look awesome. Just looking for opportunities to go even bigger to see the limits of the prints.

Cheers
Guna