Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
CS5, PIcassa and RAW files, need some help

So I have, shall we call it, an unorthodox copy of cs5, and it will not open my RAW files, which is really driving me nuts. I had been using picassa to open my raw files, because it was the only program I can find that opens raw files.

The problem with that is that is squishes the picture and seems to remove some of the information. The first instance it opens the picture looks correct, but then picassa squishes the picture resulting in a black bar on the edge of the picture and a darker more washed out look.

Here is a result:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6006/6000604833_ee44b1b0c6_b.jpg

Are there any other good options for opening raw files that I can look into? What can I do here? I have about 60+ photos to edit for a friends fashion website and I cannot get them open with out picassa ruining it.

08-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Have you downloaded the latest CameraRAW plugin for CS5?
08-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #3

Original Poster
I just did that, is there a way to open that in photoshop?
08-02-2011, 02:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You need to read the instructions about how to install it, or possibly Help, Updates will do the trick. I don't have CS5 so can't be more specific.

08-02-2011, 03:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The dark bar on the picture is normal. As far as i remember, it contains informations about the picture. If it apear on the picture it means that the software doesn't handle well Raw file. With CS5 it won't apear at all.

normally, if you have camera raw installed, just "right click' on the file / open with / photoshop.
The software will do the job.

If the software doesn't do the job, then try either suppress camera raw, then reinstall it, then go to photoshop and look or update.

If it still doesn't work, then reinstall compltely CS5.

If after that it still doesn't work, either get a true CS, or try another software.