Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Printable calendar software.

Hi all,
I've been tasked with producing my family annual calendar and I'm looking for software to help.
I have used the calendar maker bundled with my cannon printer, and sampled some free and trial options but all seem to be quite limiting. Generaly they are either targeted at the data aspect (ability to save birthdays, nantional hols etc) or images (usualy just making it easy to load up) and when I look into them they seem to be mostly advertising hype.
Online offerings where I pay for a resulting printed calendar are both expensive (in my quantities about double using my CISS equipped inkjet & K-mart paper) and really poor in regard of the data capabilities.
Before I give up and build my own spreadsheet based calendar, does anyone have a recommendation they would like to share? I'm happy to pay (a little) for software but only if it works...

Thanks for your interest,

MattC

08-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hey Matt

I have used Walgreens , a chain drug store/photo printing site to make calendars, mugs, shirts, mouse pads... well, you get the idea. Costco also does this service... you just log on to the site, up load your photos and tell it which kind of calendar you'd like and poof it gets mailed to you.

I even had a calendar made up at Costco and put every family member's b-day, anniversary, and other important info that they emailed me on those days. It came out to about 12 or 15 bucks each, but it was printed on nice paper and had a spiral binding.
11-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you don't already have lightroom, you can download a trial and use this calander maker preset

Lightroom Presets – Calendar Print Templates Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips
plus, you can have fun with lightroom too

good luck
11-05-2011, 12:03 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It all got too hard. I just used the calendar software that came bundled with my cannon multifinction printer (amazing vaule for $49!). That, my CISS and spilman a4 paper at $15 for 150 sheets was good enough, or at least better than they are used to...
Next year I might splash out on a pigment a3 printer, unless my present foray into film/home darkroom consumes the budget!

MattC

11-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

There's no need to buy calendar software. You can design and publish a calendar on Self Publishing, Book Printing & eBook Publishing | Lulu.com. There is no cost at all to sign up, you only have to pay for calendars you purchase. You can even make calendars available to the general public, and set your own selling price to generate profit. Here is a link to a calendar I created using lulu.

Europe 2012 Calendar by Matthew Prince in Travel & Regional

You can click on the preview to see the calendar layout. Lulu has quite a few different calendar templates to choose from.

Last edited by MPrince; 11-12-2011 at 08:13 AM.