Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Thanks einstrigger. I think you can retake the 2nd pic without burning the shadows and the light is not balance. You can see the shadows in the feet is a burnt. I would say editing really depends on what message you want to convey or the feeling that you want the viewer to feel. Sometimes just a simple adjustment of tones could really make a difference. Ok, just tried to edit your first pic, just noticed after my edit, my tones are bit way off. Would have wanted it to make glossy or a bit more commercial.

Attached Images

Last edited by boone; 08-23-2011 at 09:14 PM.
08-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Deib: You might also wanna take note that monochrome photos like what boone did are generally more pleasing to the eye because there aren't color reproduction issues to worry about. And its easier to bring out certain details using colored filters If a generic colored photo isn't required, some photos look awesome in B&W/monochrome
08-26-2011, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There aren't names to a lot of techniques; retouching photos is much more varied and fluid than that. Healing and cloning have been mentioned. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is clarity (I assume it's called the same thing in Lightroom as ACR. I don't have Lightroom). In many situations, it is desirable to increase the clarity to punch up contrast within portions of the image; however, with portraits, particularly in portraits where lighting is a challenge, a negative clarity can help to make skin look smoother and (too a degree) more evenly lit. If you don't like the results across the entire image, you can open the image twice in ACR so you end up with two open files in Photoshop, and then copy/paste the negative clarity image on top of the other image. This will give you a layer you can mask, reduce its transparency, or what have you. Something else you might try in Lightroom/ACR is pushing the fill light a little bit to alleviate the harsh shadows.