Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
Inactive Account

DCU 4 Process Queue problem

Hi - so, I am trying to process my first batch of photos with the K-x. I set parameters for the photos I wanted to process (a lot, unfortunately), added them to the process queue list, and hit "ok" as instructed to process all the photos. The first photo went to 100% processed, then went back to 0% and back up to 100, and did this over and over. Finally it crashed and I lost all the processing parameters I had set. Anyone else have this sort of a problem? Does the process queue function work? I am on a Mac, for what it's worth. Thanks.

08-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4 Update for Macintosh

Download the software update from Pentax, if you have not already done so. Found it has many stability improvements. Hope this is the solution for you.
08-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The latest update of PDCU was a major improvement and in particular is more stable for batch processing.

There might be different ways to go:
* Option 1
Download the latest software version from Pentax/ Support / Download / Software
Install it
If it runs like this, the better...

* Option 2
You might need to remove first PDCU.
(You might need to remove in addiition manually one file - see a number of threads about that one)
Re-install PDCU from the CD first (if you do not have anymore the CD, there are a few threads how to install PDCU without CD in PF)
Then install the latest update 4.33

One thing: when I use PDCU v4.33, I always do (at end): Edit / Uncheck / All images to release (or free up) all the batch queue.

Hope that the comments will help...