Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2011, 03:45 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
RAW conversion

I took a bunch of shots in RAW for the first time. After downloading them into Lightroom 3 I went back in to look at them & got a "PEF" icon. It then gave a list of different programs to use & I chose one of them & now it has the Adobe icon on every damn picture. Now when I go to try to open these to send or download to Flickr it won't open. How do i correct this?

08-30-2011, 04:01 AM   #2

You have probably not installed the latest update of LR 3. Download the latest version from Adobe.com and install it. This will solve your problem.
08-30-2011, 05:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
I downloaded Adobe Lightroom update version 3.4.1--I go back in to access pictures & the Adobe icon still appears & it will not allow me access to the photos--should I get out the hammer & REALLY fix it?
08-30-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Open Lightoom, then open the PEF from within Lightroom. Or open the PEF in Pentax Digital Camera Utility.

Then export whatever you want to publish to flickr as a JPEG, then post the JPEG to flickr. That's how RAW works. You need to process those RAW files into something.

No-one posts RAW PEF's to flickr.

This, btw, is a good reason to also shoot RAW+JPEG. The RAW files will be there for any tweaking and post-processing you might like to do, the JPG's will be there for quick and easy handling of the images.

08-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Open Lightoom, then open the PEF from within Lightroom. Or open the PEF in Pentax Digital Camera Utility.

Then export whatever you want to publish to flickr as a JPEG, then post the JPEG to flickr. That's how RAW works. You need to process those RAW files into something.

No-one posts RAW PEF's to flickr.

This, btw, is a good reason to also shoot RAW+JPEG. The RAW files will be there for any tweaking and post-processing you might like to do, the JPG's will be there for quick and easy handling of the images.
+1

In addition, you may want to check out Microsoft's Camera Codec pack, so that you can view & preview raw images in Windows Explorer without opening up RAW software. Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Microsoft Camera Codec Pack (This codec is only available to Windows 7 or Vista.)

Lightroom 3 has Flickr export built in. See this video:
08-31-2011, 06:22 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you for your replies--I got it going thanks to rawr & Jennifer!!