Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Batch jpg as IN camera from RAW's

I shot a lot of pictures during my holiday, A LOT. And all raw, which I now regret to some extent. Of course there are a few I want to edit, but mostly I just want to convert them to jpg quickly. Manually editing them is not an option due to the amount!

My problem is that I like the look from the camera jpg (just on default factory setting bright) better then the default my RAW converter produces. And I cant seem to find a "default" in my RAW converter that works with all my k-5 files. I repeatedly find the camera jpg better then the one I make with the RAW software, unless I take my time and do it proper for each individual image.

So how can I quickly convert a lot of RAW's and make them look similar to the k-5 Bright (or similar settings with decent colours/pop)? Or if anyone want's to share their default PP settings with me that would be cool! (I shoot with k-5 and process with either lightroom/photoshop or bibble 5).

08-31-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm pretty sure you can use the Pentax software to apply the bright custom image, although I'm not sure if you can do batch processing with it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm pretty sure you can use the Pentax software to apply the bright custom image, although I'm not sure if you can do batch processing with it.
I dunno know about later versions, but with the PPL3 warez that came with my K20D, I can (and do!) drag numerous RAWs from an image browser (I usually use XnView or the Windoze file manager) into the RAW developer, and save them all as JPGs with the same settings: contrast, WB, Vivid|B&W|etc, sharpness, all that stuff. No hassle! In fact, I'm batch-processing a few hundred RAWs right now, in batches of maybe 10-30 at a time -- each batch shot in the same conditions.

OP, try that will your RAW developer warez. If its internal browser|manager won't let you open multiple files, try dragging-in a few from outside.
08-31-2011, 06:04 PM - 2 Likes   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I use PDCU 4.33 and I can confirm that you can do such batch processing.

Earlier versions of PDCU were less stable, and the version 4.3 included several major updates incl. a more stable batch processing. Since PDCU is free and provided with the camera, it is worth a try. (Rember however that you must install first the software from the CD and then update PDCU by downloading the latest version from the Pentax Support webapge.)

Hope that the comment will help.

08-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, process them in the camera, if that produces the effect you like....
The camera can process RAWs to JPEG images as shot.
09-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks guys, I'll give the pentax software another try