Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2011, 06:06 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Pentax color using Canon Picture Style?

I have the Pentax k-x and canon 60D, but love pentax color more than canon's. I know some part of it may be due to the "color" of the lens, but I was wondering if there is a way to convert raw files to match default Pentax color? Similarly, I've been trying to port or tweak a custom Canon PIcture Style to match Pentax jpeg but just can't get it right. Any suggestions out there? I can always use the k-x, but at this time the swing-out lcd screen of the 60D is useful for me.

09-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #2

Dxo have a "color rendering" module, which can emulate the color output from several camera, personally i am using the k10d emulation, seems very similar to the k-r output but with more vivid colors.
So, give it a try
09-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Without knowing what software you have at your disposal, my approach (and I've had to do this) is to shoot a grey scale with both cameras and then open the camera I want to match to in Photoshop and then use the Raw converter to open the file from the other camera and compare the outputs, and then tweak in the converter as needed until I have a match, and then save those settings as a preset.
09-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you for the suggestions! I did try DxO Optics Pro 6 (trial version) and it does indeed allow color profiles for the k-x or k-5 if you want. It was quick and easy..but man, the price for the software =( I do have Lightroom. I was hoping Pentax DCU can convert a converted .CR2 file to .DNG file but it didn't work. I might try the grey scale approach.