Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Want to learn

Are there any sites where I can learn Photoshop or anything like that. Sorry but this digital stuff is kinda new to me. The reason I'm asking is I was at the Halfprice book store and picked up Photoshop 6 For dummies started reading the book past night do I have to but anything else or install something on my pc. Sorry for the dumb questions still an old film guy. Thank You

10-02-2011, 04:45 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The best way to learn Photoshop, IMHO, is to just use it. Play with various menu items. Make use you don't save to your original image, though. Then Google a tool or feature you are struggling with or just want to know more or better ways of using it. Most of these will be on You Tube as well as a number of sites with free tutorial help. Layers and masks seem to be where the real power is, so eventually you will want to learn to use these in your adjustments. Hope this helps.
10-03-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks AOSHep I'll give it a try just wasn't sure if I needed any software or not.
10-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Uh,ifyou wantto use Photoshop, you need Photoshop - don you have it? You realize that's several hundred dollars? There are much cheaper and even free alternatives (and plenty of existing threads on this forum and the beginner's forum for you to browse looking for recommendations if necessary). But realize if what you have has the word "Elements" in it, that,s not really photoshop, and much of what you read in a photoshop book won't apply. Not that it isn't a fine progam in itself, but you'd want a book specifically on Elements.

10-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well around 189$ per 1 year you go to web Kelby trainnig and hundred hrs on this web very good classes On you Ipad,And computer and smart phone anywhere anytime i use full year and very happy .
10-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You folks are great I'm gonna have to download the software for my camera anyway I think.I bougththis camera from a pal of mine aK100d with only 1400 hundred shots on it but he could not find the software or the manual. It came with the stock lens and a 50mm F1.7 M lens It's super clean the book was only 4 bucks so no big loss. Sorry for the questions but this is all new to me. I'm use to doing film still have a dark room setup.