Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Lightroom 3 50% Discount - Too Good to Pass Up?

I see that B&H is selling Lightroom 3 today and tomorrow for $150 (half price) at least to those who subscribe to the e-mail updates./

1. Is this a once-in-blue-moon discount or do they come fairly frequently?

2. LR 3 upgradeable to version 3.5 free of charge?

I am just 3 days into a 30-day trial of LR 3.5. In the ordinary course, I use the full trial period for new software to see how it fits. However, if this B&H sale is unusual, and I can upgrade to 3.5 free, I just might order.

Thanks, all.

10-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I've been a B&H email member for a year plus now and this is the first email for software discount they've sent me (that I noticed, anyway), but for me, it's too good to pass up. I've been using Photoshop 7.0 for a few years now, but I can't use it with the K5's PEF files, so LR3 looks a good deal to me.

In fact, I just placed my order.

Last edited by chalion; 10-03-2011 at 05:17 PM.
10-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #3

Yes, LR 3 will allow free update(s) to the latest 3.x version at no cost, at this point, it's 3.5
10-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

If you subscribe to Adobe you get special discounts once in a while.

I think I paid about that much for the upgrade version, so for full retail, that is a great price.

10-04-2011, 03:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As has been said in a number of posts before, if you are a student or parent of a student, you can get it far cheaper than that. I was able to pick it up for $65 about two months ago on Amazon. Just took a day after I got it to get my registration confirmation from Adobe.
10-04-2011, 03:48 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Adobe gives discounts periodically -- I would guess that Lightroom 4 is not too far away. Amazon sent me a code that knocked the price down to 99 dollars awhile back and I took advantage of it. It is definitely worth it, if you do much post processing.
10-04-2011, 04:47 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought Lightroom 3 direct from Adobe for $99 in the spring so they do offer discounts. The offer I got was for registered Elements 9 owners. There was recently an offer for CS5 for $299. It's something I passed for now because it's not likely I would use it. Newegg has been selling Lightroom for that price for a while so if you don't have the money right now, it's likely another good deal will soon be along. Lightroom is the best photo software investment I have made.

10-04-2011, 05:27 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
As has been said in a number of posts before, if you are a student or parent of a student, you can get it far cheaper than that. I was able to pick it up for $65 about two months ago on Amazon. Just took a day after I got it to get my registration confirmation from Adobe.
This is valuable to know. Part of the reason for getting the software is to help the kids with our macro collection we call the "backyard zoo." I assumed "students" meant college students only. Thanks