Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pictures not populating into Lightroom 3

I tried downloading pictures the last 2 days into Lightroom 3 & only a few--2 out of 66--actually made it in. I'm shooting RAW+jpeg & I reformatted the card prior to having this happen. Any ideas on how to correct thsi?

10-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Have you looked at the card's contents with another file browser? I.e. are you sure the image files are really there?

Last edited by RioRico; 10-08-2011 at 06:03 PM.
10-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They're probably in there somewhere. I recently had Lightroom import some photos to a subfolder of some 5 year old shots. I think I upset things by importing an old folder of scanned prints into Lightroom for some PP and it started putting my imports after that into that folder.
10-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
They're probably in there somewhere. I recently had Lightroom import some photos to a subfolder of some 5 year old shots. I think I upset things by importing an old folder of scanned prints into Lightroom for some PP and it started putting my imports after that into that folder.
And that's one reason I don't trust any warez to import my image files. I use too many cameras with too many idiosyncrasies, and have my own peculiar tastes and needs, so I use a script that puts the right files in the right places with the right names. I only trust robots I've built myself.

10-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lightroom will import what you tell it to and how you tell it to. There are several ways to do this, both manually and automatic.

That said, first I do my importing manually - first to my network storage, then to my working drive. I can then see if there are any issues transferring any images.

Then I open LR and import on location (keeps the photos where I put them, just adds them to the catalog).

One thing to note - the default for LR is to NOT import JPGs when it detects RAW+JPG files. It's something you can turn off in the settings.