Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Software that produces this

Can somebody advise which software produces something like say - a face of someone built completely using multiple copies of the same face, those multiple faces will have different tones to create the bigger version of the face. I am unable to get the sample image from internet at this moment but I am sure many of you must have seen it.
Still, just to convey what I am trying to mean, the attached image is one such, well not exactly, in that here different images combine to produce the main face. What I meant above was the same image as the bigger image will be used multiple times.

I remember somebody mentioned to me that there exists a piece of software that does this.

thanks

Attached Images

11-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Which platform?

On Mac there is MacOSaiX and MozoDojo.

Home

Page personnelle de Pierre Chatelier - MozoDojo

11-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Exactly! you nailed it.
If there is something for Windows as well - that will also be useful. Although for now I can manage the mac OS. I hope it is free - I can make my daughter's image for canvas printing
11-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sany Quote
If there is something for Windows as well - that will also be useful.
AndreaMosaic Home Page

11-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I used this a few years ago. I used it a LOT. I stopped because the version I used sometimes deleted the source-image files in WinXP systems. If I was sure that that problem had been solved, I would use it again. Building matrix pictures is much fun, especially if the source images are, shall we say, inappropriate. Heh heh. Like political figures comprised of feces, or 'morality' figures composed of active sex. Very entertaining...
11-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I used this a few years ago. I used it a LOT. I stopped because the version I used sometimes deleted the source-image files in WinXP systems.
Make a copy first?
11-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Make a copy first?
I quickly learned to do that. But y'see, I have this nasty habit. I scavenge web photos. I grab everything over 100x100px and throw it into HARVEST folders. Especially those showing flesh, but everything, really. And I used those libraries as the source files for matrix stitch-ups. So making a copy for the AndreasMatrix program might involve dubbing some tens of thousands of images. I'll have to try AndreasMatrix again, see if it works OK now. Yeah, build a matrix image of some celeb out of pix of currency, or genitalia, or rodents, that's appropriate.

NOTE: This style of image-matrixing was pioneered (in rougher form) by painter Chuck Close. Close has been paralyzed for decades, and paints these with a brush held in his teeth and his chair moved mechanically around his huge canvases. Totally awesome stuff. I saw some his paintings up close and they're absolutely amazing. Pay homage to the master.