Veteran Member

Anybody use DxO

Anyone use this?

DxO Optics Pro - Introduction

Thoughts?

11-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They have really poor Pentax support as far as I can tell, of my five lenses they actually support only one. I wrote them to complain, they never wrote back... I'm off their mailing list. But, if you do decide you like them, be sure and come back and tell us why. I'm all ears.
11-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

There have been previous discussions of DxO here.

I use it and like it. As a RAW processor it has its pros and cons compared to Lightroom - eg LR does better at high-ISO and in extracting detail, but DxO is very close behind as a RAW processor. LR also has more powerful image management and general editing features.

But DxO has some powerful features of its own - eg it's smart automation, it's excellent batch output options, it's very powerful optical/geometric distortion correction options, great purple fringing correction, neat one-image HDR features, and of course it's very sophisticated lens/body image modules that can do good things to improve the output of your camera (if your lens/body combo is supported). It supports the Pentax lenses I use the most (my kit 18-55 lenses and my 55-300), and also fully supports my NEX-5 and its lenses.

So DxO is certainly worth having in your toolbox, IMHO.

11-27-2011, 02:06 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
...So DxO is certainly worth having in your toolbox, IMHO.
Agreed.
I have used this as my RAW converter from the start when I switched to digital (2007) and I'm still using it to my full satisfaction.
I compared it with quite a lot of other RAW converters then. Luckily most of them offer trial versions with full functionality in the trail period.
11-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Same as most comments above - it is my default raw converter.

I run all my images through DXO at the default settings, then tweak from there. I am just learning some of the other functions, but for me, it is the ease of use with the default settings, but can customize anything I want if needed.