Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K-5 Copyright feature

I have entered my Name into the Copyright field on the camera. In the past this just appeared in the EXIF data, however now, if I adjust a photo in Lightroom and export the photo back to my folders, my name appears in the bottom left hand corner. This makes sense I suppose, but I have never had this happen before and I don't want it to appear on every photo I post-produce.
Does anyone know how to stop this appearing on edited photos?

11-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Instead of using the copyright field, maybe use the photographer name field?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I'm assuming there is a setting called "stick the copyright on the photo" somewhere in Lightroom that should be turned off, perhaps.
11-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I'm assuming there is a setting called "stick the copyright on the photo" somewhere in Lightroom that should be turned off, perhaps.

Yep, there is a setting when you export to add copyright/watermark to the picture.

I just verified to be sure, and if you have the setting turned off in LR, but have the copyright set in your camera, it doesn't add it to your pictures.

11-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

This is happening because of the watermark (Edit > Watermark) and/or export (File > Export > Watermarking) settings you have defined in Lightroom. So wherever you see a 'watermark' option in your Lightroom, deselect it.
12-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have the setting turned off in Lightroom but populate all necessary fields anyway. This way, my info is in more than one field just in case :-)
12-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #7

Original Poster
Copyright Pentax K-5 and Lightroom 2

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.
I thought I had everything removed from Lightroom, and even removed the Plug-in for the watermark, but when I had a second look I still had the copyright watermark ticked.

Thanks again for your help