Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax Digital Camera utility 4 software update

Today a new uodate for the Pentax Digital Camera utility 4
PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4 Update for Windows : Software Downloads : PENTAX

[01, December 2011] PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4(Version 4.34) Windows Updater

[Main changes from Version 4.33]
  • Changed company name for property of various file, splash screen and version information.
  • Corrected --- When re-developing JPEG image, Reversal Film is not applied.
  • Corrected --- When rotate the image on thumbnail, rotation is not reflected.
  • Corrected --- When Image tone is set “Camera setting” and save parameter file then read parameter, image tone setting become “Natural”.
  • Corrected --- Date is printed on Bottom Right (inside) even selected Bottom Right (outside) on Print Photo.

11-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks Bob.
12-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #3

And the link for Macs:
PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4 Update for Macintosh : Software Downloads : PENTAX
12-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not much of an update for Macs

[Main changes from Version 4.33]
Changed company name for property of various file, splash screen and version information.
Improved parameter data for Reversal Film

12-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As a new Pentax user is Pentax Digital Camera utility software worth fiddling with? I use ACDSee Pro which is quite good for RAW conversion and Jpeg editing. But I am wondering is there anything special in the Pentax software I would miss if I just leave it in the box?
12-06-2011, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kshapero Quote
is Pentax Digital Camera utility software worth fiddling with?
Sure. It is a very good RAW convertor and has some very useful features. Some of these features are unique to it - eg the ability to apply all the in-camera Pentax processing defaults, as well as stuff like the Pentax lens correction features, to your images. It also (now) has useful things like very decent noise reduction options. Some people also just generally prefer the look of the images it produces out of RAW, or find it does a great job at some things - eg white balance colour corrections - that other software sometimes has trouble with.

So I'd certainly load it up on the computer, update it, and keep it handy.
12-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Sure. It is a very good RAW convertor and has some very useful features. Some of these features are unique to it - eg the ability to apply all the in-camera Pentax processing defaults, as well as stuff like the Pentax lens correction features, to your images. It also (now) has useful things like very decent noise reduction options. Some people also just generally prefer the look of the images it produces out of RAW, or find it does a great job at some things - eg white balance colour corrections - that other software sometimes has trouble with.

So I'd certainly load it up on the computer, update it, and keep it handy.
Yes, I'll give it a look.