Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
True however the files can be easily modified to work with jpeg. Instructions posted on this forum somewhere. I shoot raw.
Found it.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/102344-wanted-...-profiles.html

01-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B&W effecs from topaz, if you are into B&W
01-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
Forum Member

Nik Color Efex Pro 4 and Silver Efex Pro 2 are the ones I personally use most.
01-08-2012, 03:44 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

The presets from this website are free to download and there are many of them available., Explore the "presets" area of this website and you will see them everywhere along with directions how to add them to your LR Develop module. The rest of the site is pretty good too.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips

Jason

01-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mysticcowboy Quote
The only ones I use with any frequency are PerfectLayers from OnOne and Lightroom Enfuse.
Anyone else interested in "PerfectLayers" should check out Photoshop Elements as well. Better functionality for less money (last time I checked). One may even try GIMP. Both Photoshop Elements and GIMP are external editors, not plugins, but the "PerfectLayers" plugin integration is bad and essentially not better than using an external editor. Lightroom supports both scenarios equally well/bad.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Topaz DeNoise, I'd say!
Lightroom's built-in, customisable noise reduction is very good. It received a major overhaul in 2010 and works great. I'd be surprised if anyone needed an extra plugin for noise reduction.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Yep, that's a great place, but look for the older posts.

Another great source of video tutorials is Julianne Kost's series on Lightroom.

Yet another great source for Lightroom tutorials: George Jardine's tutorials. Look for them at the middle column of his blog. For every series he has a free sample.

Last edited by Class A; 01-08-2012 at 08:11 PM.
01-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote

Lightroom's built-in, customisable noise reduction is very good. It received a major overhaul in 2010 and works great. I'd be surprised if anyone needed an extra plugin for noise reduction.

I agree! The noise reduction on the 3.3 and above is much better than in earlier versions.

Jason
01-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
rhe
Closed Account

Michael Reichman and Jeff Schewe have a video tutorial that has received excellent reviews. It is available here: Lightroom 3 Tutorial

01-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The last day or so I played with several Topaz plug-ins in Lightroom.

I found it cumbersome and aggravating, so instead I gave them a try in GIMP and IrfanView.

I found it much easier to export a TIFF from LR and then work on that via IrfanView. Naturally, if you need masks or layers you need GIMP or some similarly featured editor.
01-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #24
Forum Member

Not processing-related, but my two favourite plugins for lightroom are Jeffery Friedl's flickr and facebook exporters. I much prefer them to the built in versions.

Jeffrey Friedl's Blog
01-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #25
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by torpesco Quote
Not processing-related, but my two favourite plugins for lightroom are Jeffery Friedl's flickr and facebook exporters. I much prefer them to the built in versions.

Jeffrey Friedl's Blog
They are now, in LR 4 beta there are facebook and flickr publishing services
01-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #26
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfie665 Quote
They are now, in LR 4 beta there are facebook and flickr publishing services
There are in LR 3, but Jeffrey's work better - at least for me. Re-posting the same image simply replaces the existing one, meta-data can be updated separately, etc...
01-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #27
Inactive Account

Check out all the new LR4 Beta Features in this article by Eduardo Angel, blog writer for Canon :

Adobe Lightroom 4 with HDSLR support is available.